Final Reminders for Lansing

Hey Parents,

As I sit here pondering tomorrow, I just wanted to throw a few reminders out there.  Please dress your child in layers.  The temperature will most likely be in the mid to high 50’s by afternoon, and we will be walking everywhere we go.

If you are coming along on the field trip, I will be at school very early tomorrow, so if you would like to arrive around 8:30ish or so, that would be great!  You can bring your child inside too.

Please remember to pack your child a lunch that is completely disposable.  After we eat lunch, we will not see the buses until 2:30ish, and I know our little guys and gals will not want to be dragging along a lunch box of some sort.  😀

This trip will just begin our class study on government, so the students do not have a ton of background information on the trip.  I did explain to them the possibility of seeing democracy in action with the protesters outside the Capitol building, and how it’s a representation of our first amendment rights.  They seem very eager to possibly see this.  😀

Finally, please bring cameras, and take A LOT of pictures!  This will be a great trip!

See you tomorrow!!!

-Mr. Bowen